Search This Blog

Tuesday, 24 April 2012

sense of place collages

In todays session as a group we made collages of magazine cut outs to determine what we thought a 'sense of place' was.
We first all talked about what a sense of place meant to us as individuas. We thought that it was a place where we all felt  safety, belonging, comfort and happiness. For alot of us it was memories of homelife as children. I discovered that the smell of my mums cooking makes me feel safe, as when i lived away from home I didn't have that smell, so when i did visit back home, i was instantly transported back into the memories i have as a child.
We all then chose specific images personal to ourselfs, with our key facts in, and made a large collage as a group.
The following lesson we shared our collages with the rest of the class, most of the groups were similar, including images of beds, food, and family pictures. As the rest of my group wasn't in, I talked about ours alone, and found myself talking about childhood memories, where I felt safe and loved. This then made me think more about what a sense of place meant to me, and it all revolved around my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment