The first image we looked at was The Scream

This is a painting by Edvard Munch in 1893.
This image is quite well known and I was shown this painting whilst I was in school.
For this image we analysed the colours and brush strokes, linking them with confusion, anger and found the backround to be quite distorted and manic.
The second image was by a german artist called Rosemarie Trockel which was called Ich Habe Angst. Translate it roughly means 'I have fear'.
For this picture we discussed the setting which was a church and talked about why the artist chose these specific words and what message sshe was trying to get across.
The use of the colours in The scream draws the public in whereas the words and setting of the second image does incur a greater discussion and bewliderment. I find both images interesting and thin k that the bot have a deep meaning.

No comments:
Post a Comment