Our task this week was to create a 'glog' on the website www.glogster.com. A 'glog' is an online space where you can create a poster to share anything from your interests/ hobbies or events. My glog was a timeline of technology through the years, from 1050's to present day. I found it very interesting researching my topic and enjoyed comparing old technology to what were used to today. The website layout was simple, but i found it difficult to create a glog at first. It did get easier to use the more I played around with the website. It allowed you to view other peoples glogs to get an idea of the things you could create. it had a text box which you just had to click and it was easy to upload images/videos/sounds but also had a wide range of clipart you could use, some animated aswell. Adding a link to your poster was also easy,so you could allow readers to access more information on your topic. When it came to saving my glog, the website crashed meaning my work was lost. when I looked online to see if anyone else had encountered this problem, it seemed many had and others work was also lost. I did 'printscreen' my work before hand, quite luckily, this can be viewed below, but the links and animation aren't visible.

No comments:
Post a Comment